UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 LastLast

There are obviously major bugs in the site coding.

Now, upon opening the thread regarding putting the clocks back, the thread displays for a couple of seconds and then is replaced by a page of adverts! I've noticed also that when scrolling down a thread the same thing happens on occasion and it is getting very very boring! There is quite obviously something very flaky about the way the site is coded or something dodgy in an advert somewhere that Ad-block plust isn't catching!
    Negotium Perambulans in Tenebris

"And the cats nap in the slant corners or lope sly,streaking and needling, on the one cloud of the roofs." Dylan Thomas
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die" H.P. Lovecraft
    "If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet ya on the next one... and don't be late" Jimmy Hendrix

Pressing F5 reinstates the page to where you were!

BUT it needs sorting SOON!
    I may be old but I ain't stupid..!!!
    http://www.sdlbl.btck.co.uk
    Clipart

All ok here using Firefox & adblock ;-)

I think, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Delbertious View Post
    All ok here using Firefox & adblock ;-)
    Yes ...it workd fine with ad-block but I had had my work laptop re-built with Windows 7 so ab-block had been removed! There is quite obviously an advrt on the site that is causing problems for people who use I.E. or Firefox without Ad-block... It should be sorted!

"And the cats nap in the slant corners or lope sly,streaking and needling, on the one cloud of the roofs." Dylan Thomas
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die" H.P. Lovecraft
    "If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet ya on the next one... and don't be late" Jimmy Hendrix

All fine here with Chrome and AdBlock.
    "The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice."

- Doug Larson

There are far too many adverts & affiliate scripts on these pages.

I counted 43 on this page before posting.
    3 of those were all the same affiliate, amazon.com

Quite often when browsing this site, my page refreshes itself and comes back with the adverts but no page content.

Name:  sgb.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  20.0 KB

Seriously messed up coding
    Web Designer.

About 1600 metres from Southport town centre
    Quote Originally Posted by delzx7r View Post
    Yes ...it workd fine with ad-block but I had had my work laptop re-built with Windows 7 so ab-block had been removed! There is quite obviously an advrt on the site that is causing problems for people who use I.E. or Firefox without Ad-block... It should be sorted!
    I have no problems with Firefox/Waterfox and AdBlock is Disabled (Windows7) - same for Internet Explorer 64bit.... The clock is also accurate.

Blog Entries
    I have never seen this happen??? I always use chrome.

Any tips on how to recreate this problem appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

I use FF and Adblock, and haven't seen any problems. However I think the majority of people who are having problems are using IE. Maybe you can use IE and see what happens?

Use ieTester to check on all versions of IE: http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage
    The only good system is a sound system.

I had Firefox running minus adblock and it happened on every thread... Re-installed adblock and lo-and behold the problem went away which makes me very suspicious of the possible subliminal content of some of the ads on the site! they could ( not saying they do ) but could contain trojans / key-loggers / aggressive trackers... You name it you could have it in there!

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

No tips on how to recreate the problem, however if just happened to me when I tried to reply to this thread.

As I have said previously, pressing F5 brings back the reply window!

It is still immensly annoying!

I prefer IE!
    Clipart

Bullguard just stopped all the following 'cookies' - should I be concerned?

Tracking cookies

Details

Malware: Cookie.Rub
    Type: Cookie
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\2FVK2GLK.txt
    Delete: Succeeded

Malware: Cookie.Mediaplex
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\3X6BPBTP.txt

Malware: Cookie.FastClick
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\6YPCC82J.txt

Malware: Cookie.Ru4
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\7BG1Z4WH.txt

Malware: Cookie.SmartAdServer
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\8A0DPYW5.txt

Malware: Cookie.2o7
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\A2DCPKRT.txt

Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\CH0CLBSD.txt

Malware: Cookie.Statcounter
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\DLPFGCNJ.txt

Malware: Cookie.BS.Serving-Sys
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\ET2RHFUO.txt

Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\HZ6X0I3G.txt

Malware: Cookie.WebTrendsSt
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\KJOYI7UL.txt

Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\KUGOHL07.txt

Malware: Cookie.Adtech
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\NH7FQNC2.txt

Malware: Cookie.TradeDoubler
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\NW0LWVLC.txt

Malware: Cookie.DoubleClick
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\O8T3LO3V.txt

Malware: Cookie.FastClick
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\QDY4BRFF.txt

Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\R2F158ZS.txt

Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\SMWBFSNF.txt

Malware: Cookie.Casalemedia
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\T3ZC4TZG.txt

Malware: Cookie.Mediaplex
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\TE4K5U35.txt

Malware: Cookie.Apmebf
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\UWB6D3BE.txt

Malware: Cookie.TribalFusion
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\XM3GDQF3.txt

Malware: Cookie.247RealMedia
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Y2YEPMIU.txt

Malware: Cookie.Advertising
    Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Z3HHYKA7.txt

Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Z3NYPUL3.txt

Path: C:\Users\pedoja\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Z3Y4M3R0.txt
    Clipart

They are all tracking cookies. Harmless to your computer, but they can allow the owner of the cookie to keep an eye on what you do on the internet.

They are the reason you get "personalised" advertising.
    The only good system is a sound system.

About 1600 metres from Southport town centre

Custom Search